Instead of posting favourites every month (as I used to do ages ago and I see that most bloggers still do that), I think I’ll do better with posting favourites every three months. Since it’s September, it’s perfect time for my summer favourites, and in December I’ll be posting my fall favourites and so on, you get where I’m going with this. :)
Since I don’t really use too many products during summer, this post won’t be that long. On top of that, I’m not much into make-up when it’s warm, so you’ll notice right away that I included only two (!) make-up products, and one of those two is nail polish! :D Anyway, let me tell you what is so amazing about these products that they deserved to be among my favourite ones! ♥
- Rituals The Ritual of Sakura Body Cream (220 ml / 195 kr / €20) – The Ritual of Sakura is my favourite range and whenever I’m in Rituals’ store, I keep checking this range as if they managed to launch something new in the meantime, haha! The texture of this body cream is really rich, but not thick and greasy, rather completely the opposite and not to mention how nourishing it is. The smell of it is so mesmerizing and it lasts for hours! My favourite way to apply it is before going to bed since in the morning I smell as if I just applied it.
- Rituals The Rituals of Sakura Shower Foam (200 ml / 90 kr / €9.40) – if you’re considering which Rituals product to test first, please get this one since this one is the reason I fell in love with Rituals! I love the packaging and the fact that you need the tiniest possible amount to get loads of foam! The scent might not last long on the skin (which isn’t important to me since I do use body cream and / or perfume on top), but my bathroom smells deliciously! And for hours! Anyway, this product doesn’t dry out my skin, but I prefer to apply cream for a long lasting Sakura scent.
- LUSH New Shampoo Bar (55 g / 99 kr / €10.00) – this is my first ever shampoo bar and I have to admit I was completely sceptic about using it. Not sure why, but I think I was mostly afraid it won’t do the job properly. Turns out – I was SO wrong! I love it! I’ve been using it for three months and I still haven’t used it up! I think I still have a piece of it for the rest of the month and after that I’ll be getting a new one. This isn’t really expensive considered how long it lasts, especially since I wash my hair every other day, so that’s a lot of washing during those three months! My hair is so sleek and squeaky clean, I have no need for conditioner afterwards (if I use ‘normal’ shampoo then I need a conditioner since my hair is all over the place!) and it smells deliciously – cinnamon! Who doesn’t love cinnamon?! ♥
- John Masters Organics SPF 30 Natural Mineral Sunscreen (30 ml / 28.50 GBP / €32) – before summer I decided to get a mineral sunscreen and after doing some research, I picked up this product. It has some really good reviews and I can say that it worked more than well for me and that I’m more than satisfied with it. The texture is kinda strange – you definitely need to shake it well before using it since it is a bit on the watery side, but it is okay once you shake it. Once it’s applied it does leave a white trace on the skin, but it absorbs rather quickly and that’s something that I was worried about the most – that I’ll have to wait long before it absorbs, but that’s not the case. It works well with my combination skin and it’s good under the make-up, but I wouldn’t really recommend it to people with oily skin since my face does get shiny during the day. It doesn’t bother me personally, but it’s definitely something to think about before buying it. I think it would be perfect for those with normal – dry skin since it’s quite rich in texture.
- Lumene Bright Now Vitamin C Day Cream SPF 15 (50 ml / 189 kr / €19) – this is a product that I purchased without reading any reviews, but it turns out my skin loves this cream! Even though it says ‘brightening’ on the packaging, I didn’t really expect any significant change on that plan, but I’m really satisfied when it comes to moisturising since this cream has a kinda thicker texture but on the same time it goes on so easily and it absorbs really quickly. It almost feels like I applied some sorts of a make-up primer since it’s making my skin look and feel so smooth! Definitely perfect under make-up! When it comes to SPF, that part isn’t important to me since I have a separate product for that, but since this is a day cream, it would be much better if it had higher SPF like SPF 30. I still love it, though!
- Rouge Bunny Rouge Prelude In The Clouds Aqua Primer (30 ml / €53.00) – my long time favourite, please read my review HERE.
- Catrice Cosmetics Illuminating Blush (4.5 g / €4.00) – this is a blush that I purchased last year, but I started using it just a few months back and now I can’t get enough of it! It’s my perfect go-to blush! Unfortunately, it was limited edition, but hopefully Catrice will launch something similar in the future!
- Minimal Chic Make-up Remover, oil-based (100 ml / not sure about the price)* – my skin loves oil-based make-up removers! My whole face needs approximately three pumps of it – it removes completely my make-up, but I do avoid my eyes since I lately prefer to remove my eye make-up separately (usually before removing my face make-up). However, I did use it for eyes as well and it works just fine, in case you’re interested. This product is really gentle, yet effective which results in my skin feeling so soft after each use. ♥
- Wet n Wild MegaLast Nail Polish in 2% Milk (13.5 ml / 49 kr / $1.99) – this is my first Wet n Wild nail polish and it’s probably my go-to shade since I love to apply it whenever I want a nude, barely there nail polish on my nails. Usually such shades don’t suit my skin tone, but this one works perfectly! It might not be the best quality out there, but it is more than good considering the price range.
Keep reading to see more detailed photos of my summer beauty favourites!
Which products ended up being your summer favourites this year? :)