I’ve been using clear stamps for a while now and even though I love clear stamps, I really wanted to make some of my own stamps. Since my stamps are carved from linoleum, I knew they won’t be perfect or a masterpiece, but what counts is giving it a try!
So, how and why did I decide to carve some botany themed stamps? To make the long story short – I joined The Craft Lab community. Every month they host Creative Challenge and this month’s theme is – BOTANY! And, well, that was it! I had to get my materials since this was the perfect opportunity to make something I’ve been postponing for a long time. :)
Materials I used:
- linoleum (you could use a eraser but I found linoleum to be much easier to work with since it’s softer and it has a larger surface which is perfect for larger stamps)
- carving tools (you can get this at any hobby story but compare prices before you buy any set; I purchased my set, which contained 5 different knives, for only $5.50)
- parchment (baking) paper + a pen and eraser (you’ll need it to transfer your drawing onto linoleum; easier than drawing directly on linoleum)
- ink / paint for stamping (you can use any kind of paint, but I prefer ink since it’s easier to clean stamps after each use, especially if it’s something I’ll be using often and not for one use only)
- a piece of wood / plastic / anything that you can use as a surface that holds your stamp while you stamp (as I sad, linoleum is softer and thinner and you can’t really hold it with your fingers)
- draw something on parchment paper (in my case it’s different shapes of leaves) and transfer your drawing onto linoleum by using your nails (gently scratch over your drawing; check if everything has transferred – hold your paper in place but lift that area where your drawing is)
- use your carving tool to carve everything you don’t want to see while you stamp – this means everything around your drawing and some details as well, if you have them
- cut your finished shape and you’re done!
- stick it to something and you’re free to stamp! :)
– MY STAMPS –
(simple shape and no details because I wanted to start with something really simple)
(still a simple shape but with a slight detail in the middle)
(simple shape with a decent amount of details since I’m a beginner)
I hope you like my stamps and I hope I inspired you to make some of your own! :)
Josipa GG says
Ovo je seriously cool! Gledala sam na instagramu kaj je to i fora što si napisala post!
Da, da, pečati od linoleuma, jako fora stvar! :D
Wow! Rezultat je predivan!
mudrilica recently posted…3 prijedloga za malu kućnu zabavu
Anna María says
Wow! Well done. I really like leaf #3. So pretty!
Thank you! :)