In all these years it never occurred me to try out a solid shampoo, but after switching to cruelty free products, I tried to find a shampoo that would suit my thin, silky and straight hair. On top of that, I really wanted to avoid using conditioners since I’m always running late and I don’t have time for that. After trying out various products which were fine, but I wasn’t that impressed, I decided to try shampoo bar(s) from Lush. It wasn’t an easy choice since Lush has quite a few shampoo bars to choose from, and they all smell deliciously (so delicious that it actually makes me wanna eat them!). So, after a few minutes of sniffing, I chose NEW. Why? Well, to be honest, I love everything cinnamon and, you probably guessed – this shampoo bar contains cinnamon. Bingo! Of course, the fact that it stimulates and soothes scalp was additional bonus.
This is how Lush describes NEW:
A solid bar with cinnamon, clove and peppermint to stimulate your scalp. Cinnamon leaf, bay and clove bud essential oils combine with peppermint to boost blood flow, stimulating the hair follicles. An infusion of nettle and peppermint helps to stimulate the scalp and promote healthy hair. Rosemary soothes, calms your scalp and adds a glorious shine to your hair.
At first I was kinda sceptic (maybe because my first reaction was – white worms?! :D ), I’ll admit that, but I’ll also admit that I had no reason for that because this shampoo turned out to be much more than I expected it to be. I’ve been using it for three and a half months, and I still have a tiny bit left which will last me for another two weeks. That’s four months in total! I don’t know why, but I didn’t expect it to last that long. Keep in mind that I wash my hair really often – every second day so that’s a lot of washing. :) I don’t have anything negative to say about this product, but there are a few positive things:
- this shampoo is gentle – my scalp isn’t feeling itchy or irritated (this happened a lot during the years and it varied a lot, but haven’t had any issues during these past few months)
- less hair loss – turned out this shampoo definitely stimulates the scalp; my hair is usually all over the place, but it is getting better and that really surprised me, wasn’t expecting that :)
- no more conditioner – my hair used to tangle a lot, especially since it got a bit longer (well, longer according to me), but now I don’t even use conditioner and my hair is just fine!
- no static – this is even worst than tangling – going around while your hair has a life of its own, LOL! Well, not any more!
- affordable – you can get it for 99 SEK / €10 and it contains 55 grams of product.
How To & Availability
Once my hair is wet I simply rub it between my hands or directly onto my hair. The result is always the same – squeaky clean hair.
Tips: After I’m done, I always use a small piece of a napkin to dry it and I leave it on the shelf until it’s completely dry. Once it’s dry I just have a napkin underneath. Lush does offer shampoo tins for storage, but I think it’s not necessary. Unless you’re travelling, but even then, you can use a paper bag or something like that.
This product is available in Lush stores and if you’re in Sweden you can get it HERE.
All in all, I’m more than thrilled with it! Needless to say I already have a new bar waiting to be used. ;)
Have you tried shampoo bars?